The Autumn Love Cowl will be your new favorite cool weather accessory. This FREE crochet pattern features at least 2 colors of bulky weight yarn.
I used two colors, but the results would be amazing with each section a separate color. The Autumn Love Cowl would be a great project to use up any of your partially used skeins from previous projects.
***Post contains affiliate links – which means if you make a purchase from the links below, I will get a small percentage of the sales at no additional cost to you ***
– 270 yards of Loops And Threads Charisma yarn or equivalent #5 weight yarn (details in notes below)
– K/6.5mm crochet hook
– Measuring tape
– Yarn needle
Ch – Chain
Dc – Double Crochet
LDc – Long Double Crochet
RS – Right Side
Sk – Skip
Sl St – Slip Stitch
WS – Wrong Side
YO– Yarn Over
Ldc – Long Double Crochet – YO, insert hook into St, YO pull though the St and pull up loop to the height of a DC, YO pull through 2 loops, YO pull through remaining loops.
Tips & Tricks
Changing Colors – When changing colors, complete the last Dc with the next color.
For example; with Color 1, YO, insert hook into St, YO pull up a loop, YO pull through 2 loops; YO with Color 2 and pull through remaining loops.
Gauge and Sizes
Gauge: 10 Sts x 6 Rows = 4” square of Dc
Size: 15” Wide x 12” Tall
160 yards of Color A (2 skeins)
109 yards of Color B (1 skein)
Carry the yarn up at the seam on the WS.
A stitch count is given at the end of each row.
There is a 4 row repeat, changing after each 2 rows.
With Color A:
1) Dc in 4th Ch (Ch 3 counts as a St) from the hook and each Ch across. Join with a Sl St to the top of the Ch 3. (80) RS (Use tail to connect bottom when weaving in ends.)
2) Turn, Ch 1, Dc in 1st St, Dc in next St, *Ch 3, Sk 3, dc in next 5 Sts, * repeat 8 MORE times, Ch 3, Sk 3, dc in next 3 Sts. Connect to 1st St with a Sl St. (10 Ch3 spaces, 50 Dc)
3) Turn, Ch 1, Dc in 1St St and next 2 Sts, 3LDc into center of previous rows skipped Sts, *Dc in next 5 Sts, 3Ldc into center of previous rows skipped Sts, * repeat 8 more times, Dc in last 2 Sts. Connect to 1st Dc with Sl St. (10 3LDc’s, 50 Dc’s)
4) Turn, Ch 1, Dc in 1st St and next 5 Sts, *Ch 3, Sk 3, Dc in next 5 Sts, * repeat 8 more times, Dc in last 2 Sts. Connect to 1st St with a Sl St. (9 Ch3 spaces, 53 Dc’s)
5) Turn, Ch 1, Dc in 1st St and next 6 Sts, *3Ldc into center of previous rows skipped Sts, Dc in next 5 Sts, * repeat 8 more times, Dc in the last St. Connect to 1st St with a Sl St.
(9 3Ldc’s, 53 Dc)
6) Turn, Ch 1, Dc in 1st St, Dc in next St, *Ch 3, Sk 3, Dc in next 5 Sts, * repeat 8 MORE times, Ch 3, Sk 3, Dc in next 3 Sts. Connect to 1st St with a Sl St. (10 ch3 spaces, 50 dc)
7) Repeat row 3.
8) Repeat row 4.
9) Repeat row 5.
10) Repeat row 6.
11) Repeat row 3.
12) Repeat row 4.
13) Repeat row 5.
14) Repeat row 6.
15) Repeat row 3.
16) Repeat row 4.
17) Repeat row 5.
18) Repeat row 6.
19) Repeat row 3.
20) Repeat row 4.
21) Repeat row 5.
22) Do NOT Turn, Ch 1, Dc in 1st St and each St around. (80)
Fasten off and weave in ends.
This pattern can be purchased on Ravelry and Etsy.
Use #Autumnlovecowl on social media so I can see your wonderful cowls and color combos.
“Crochets By Trista Crochet Group” on Facebook
Want to see another new FREE pattern? Go see the Zeta Snowflake HERE.
Follow Crochets By Trista on:
I’d love to hear from you! Don’t hesitate to contact me. Let me know what you’re working on or designs that you’d like to see in the future. Use the links above or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’ve purchased my designs in the past, leave a review. I want to know what you think.